Herbal Medicine Making Course
The Chestnut School of Herbal medicine was the library in which I studied, trained and blossomed into the herbalist I am today. Now, many years later, I am honored to be a co-instructor for the school’s online Herbal Medicine Making course!
Come Delve into magic of homemade medicine…
Imagine a medicine chest stocked with homemade herbal remedies, an apothecary lined with handcrafted tinctures, salves and tea blends. Picture a pantry brimming with botanical vinegars, oils and honeys. Sumptuous sauces, butters and salts, infused with the flavor and medicine of fresh herbs.
All made with your own hands.
Module 1: Foundations of Medicine Making
Introduction to Medicinal Preparations; Cultivating Relationships with Healing Plants; Infusions and Decoctions; Tinctures; Herbal Honeys and Syrups; Infused Medicinal Vinegars; Plant Spirit Medicine; Flower Essences; Guidelines for Foraging and Wildcrafting; Harvesting and Drying Herbs
Module 2: Bringing Healing Herbs into the Kitchen
Herbal Meads; Confectionary Balls; Herbal Pestos, Sauces and Hummus; Herbal Bone Broth; Bitters; Shrubs; Infused Syrups; Herbal Cocktails; Mocktails; Compound Butters; Culinary Oils; Herbal Popsicles, Iced Teas; Infused Vinegars; Herbal Salts; Mushroom Concoctions
Module 3: Topical Herbal Preparations and Natural Body Care
Infused Oils and Salves; Compresses and Poultices; Introduction to Hydrotherapy; Introduction to Aromatherapy; Facial Serums; Body Butters; Salt Scrubs; Bath Salts; Aromatherapy Sprays; Aromatic Massage Oils
The online course includes:
- 12 instructional videos and 38 lessons, clearly organized into 3 modules
- Step-by-step instructions for each lesson, available online or as printable pdf booklets of each module
- 95 herbal recipes, ranging from medicinal preparations, wild foods dishes, natural body care products and culinary herbal concoctions
- 40-page printable manual (PDF) of herbal profiles
- Review worksheets and experiential projects
- Access to our team of herbal experts, including Juliet Blankespoor, for questions and guidance via Q and A emails for six months after enrollment
- Self-paced learning – watch the videos and prepare the recipes as you fancy, however, you have six months to gain a certificate (optional)
- Lifetime access to the course materials, including all indexed videos and written course material
- Your passport to endless creativity in the kitchen with medicinal and culinary preparations
- 25% discount off bulk herbs and herbal supplies at Mountain Rose Herbs for the first six months after enrolling (available to students in the U.S. and Canada only)
- Primary Instructors: Juliet Blankespoor and Asia Suler