Herbal Medicine Making Course
The Chestnut School of Herbal medicine was the library in which I studied, trained and blossomed into the herbalist I am today.
Now, many years later, I am honored to be a co-instructor for the school’s online Herbal Medicine Making course!
Come Delve into magic of homemade medicine…
Imagine a medicine chest stocked with homemade herbal remedies, an apothecary lined
with handcrafted tinctures, salves and tea blends. Picture a pantry brimming with botanical vinegars,
oils and honeys. Sumptuous sauces, butters and salts, infused with the flavor and medicine of fresh herbs.
All made with your own hands.
of Medicine Making
Introduction to Medicinal Preparations; Cultivating Relationships with Healing Plants; Infusions and Decoctions; Tinctures; Herbal Honeys and Syrups; Infused Medicinal Vinegars; Plant Spirit Medicine; Flower Essences; Guidelines for Foraging and Wildcrafting; Harvesting and Drying Herbs
Bringing Healing Herbs
into the Kitchen
Herbal Meads; Confectionary Balls; Herbal Pestos, Sauces and Hummus; Herbal Bone Broth; Bitters; Shrubs; Infused Syrups; Herbal Cocktails; Mocktails; Compound Butters; Culinary Oils; Herbal Popsicles, Iced Teas; Infused Vinegars; Herbal Salts; Mushroom Concoctions
Topical Herbal Preparations
and Natural Body Care
Infused Oils and Salves; Compresses and Poultices; Introduction to Hydrotherapy; Introduction to Aromatherapy; Facial Serums; Body Butters; Salt Scrubs; Bath Salts; Aromatherapy Sprays; Aromatic Massage Oils
This course includes:
- 12 instructional videos and 38 lessons, clearly organized into 3 modules
- Step-by-step instructions for each lesson, available online or as printable pdf booklets of each module
- 95 herbal recipes, ranging from medicinal preparations, wild foods dishes, natural body care products and culinary herbal concoctions
- 40-page printable manual (PDF) of herbal profiles
- Review worksheets and experiential projects
- Access to our team of herbal experts, including Juliet Blankespoor, for questions and guidance via Q and A emails for six months after enrollment
- Self-paced learning – watch the videos and prepare the recipes as you fancy, however, you have six months to gain a certificate (optional)
- Lifetime access to the course materials, including all indexed videos and written course material
- Your passport to endless creativity in the kitchen with medicinal and culinary preparations
- 25% discount off bulk herbs and herbal supplies at Mountain Rose Herbs for the first six months after enrolling (available to students in the U.S. and Canada only)
- Primary Instructors: Juliet Blankespoor and Asia Suler